Friday, May 2, 2014

Some of Istanbul

It’s raining! This is the first rain we have had in this month cruising. We are expecting a long day today from 1 pm and hope that it will cease to rain sometime during our tour. We are prepared however. Hoods and umbrellas at hand. We left Ismir yesterday at about 6 pm and have been at sea since. We expect to get into Istanbul by about noon. We are now in the Sea of Mara Mara, went through the Dardanelles during the night and early this morning. Istanbul is mostly in Europe on the Bospherous Strait but some of the city is in Asia Minor across the Bospherous. Oh yes, Turkey has Lira not the Euro, so we will have to gather a few of those to spend today and tomorrow.. I have been avoiding talking about the food and the effects of my consumption of it,, but now I will give you a clue - weight watchers here I come. It really doesn’t seem as if I have overloaded at any one meal but I think maybe I don’t always eat three meals a day. I sure have walked each day but suppose I should have done even more. We will see when I get home just how much I will have to add (exercise) and subtract (food). That doesn’t make me happy. I also miss painting with my friends. Guess I’ll just have to stay home from now on. More tomorrow.

No comments: