Friday, January 23, 2015

WHAT A TIME TO CATCH A COLD




On Friday just outside our window the balloons were just doing some trials.  We drove around and saw where they would take off from on Saturday morning.  There were lots, many, oodles of RV's and trailers all set up and waiting for the show.  Lots of people walking into the area to look around.
On Saturday I was wiped out!  Coughed all night (I am sure it was most of the night).  But just outside our sliding glass door in the "early" morning they were up and so very beautiful.  And on Sunday, there seemed to be even more all colors and shapes.  A very interesting festival that is enjoyed by thousands in this area.

We have been laying low because of the colds but have seen "Big Eyes" and "Unbroken".  Both somewhat true stories.  One about a woman artist and one directed by a woman.  I was never taken by the "big eyes" paintings but it was interesting how her husband promoted them and sold then as his own work and maybe it was true that if it were known a woman painted them they would not have sold.  "Unbroken" was really terrific and directed by a woman.

I do belive we both are going to be good to go on Wednesday when we take off for our 4 day trip to Brownsville, Texas.  Texas is humongous as you know but we have seen most of what we will be driving thru so unless something unusual happens, I'll probably be quiet for another week.  I know you will miss me.  I am going to try to add some photos. 
ef

No comments: