Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Week of Painting For Fun

I had a wonderful time in this painting class. Everything was supplied and the teacher was superb. It was very laid back and pleasant with only 5 students. I have to say that I chose this painting because I wanted to work on the sunlight coming through the window and door. Most of the time I like to work with very bright colors but this was different and fun.
We also visited a beautiful house which was rented by several couples from Canada. It was very large - 4 bedrooms 4 baths, patio, pool and garden to give you an idea. They shared the rent for 2 months and every other night a different couple cooked. They were such interesting and friendly people.
Pete played golf finally. Had a great time while I was painting. Both of us will play next week.
Pete paid 4 $ to get a hair cut. I got highlights and lowlights and a shampoo and cut for $50. Then we went on a tour of a house near where we are staying. In the LasSalvias area of Ajijic. It was GRAND. I loved it. For sale furnished, but overpriced for this market at this time. It even had a baby grand piano. 2 big bedrooms, 2 baths, pool, living room, dining room, beautiful kitchen, laundry room, den (or another bedroom) sitting room, patios, views of the mountains and the lake and the most gorgeous gardens I have seen. WOW. And I just want rent. We will go on other house tours in the future to see how this one holds up. Very interesting entertainment for a day.
Next week we will go on a tour to the pyramids and to tequila making farm. Visit the market on Wednesday, take a home tour and golf. We are so busy and we walk about two or three miles a day.

No comments: