Thursday, September 25, 2014

VISITING RELATIVES



The Man on the Potomac

Have been very busy visiting, talking, listening and having fun with my sister and brother, sister in law, nieces and nephews and new little babies. My camera is out of order so I will try to post a photo from Pete's Kindle.

We were served with my sister in law's super crab cakes first thing. I was supposed to share but didn't. They were scrumptous. My older brother looks great after major health problems. I slept in the same room I slept in from the time I was about 8 until I was 17. Some improvements (air conditioning) have been made but we didn't have to use the air conditioning.
The next day my sister made a delicious lunch and we chatted for at least 2 hours. Back to my brother's house (my old house) on the Potomac river where we ate again and chatted some more. So much fun being with them. Met two of my sister's grandchildren. They are both extremely photogenic. Met my brother's granddaughter who was just born. She is absolutely gorgeous. Said goodbye to all yesterday and left early this morning (Thursday).

Drove from Dahlgren, Virginia. Stopped at Chancellorsville Battlefied where we enjoyed an updated visitors center that is extremely well done. On through the Virginia horse country which is absolutely beautiful and then through the mountains to Charleston, West Virginia where tonight we are resting. Along the way, we enjoyed the most beautiful scenery. Leaves just beginning to change in some higher areas. We would love to take that drive in a couple of weeks when all of the leaves will be changed and colorful.

We are doing well and hope to get close to St. Louis tomorrow. We want to visit Cohokia. Tell you about it tomorrow if I can get wifi.






No comments: